Brave Asset Management is an independent investment advisory firm founded in 1992 by Brett Haire and Dave Bunting. The two had previously worked together as senior executives at First Boston Corporation. Scott Morrison, whose background includes positions at Goldman Sachs and Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette, joined the company as a shareholder in 2016. Brave Asset Management provides advice to individuals, families, businesses, and institutions on financial matters including investment management, retirement savings, and financial planning. With offices in Summit, NJ and Tiverton, RI, the firm has more than $250 million under management and a roster of loyal clients, many of whom have been with us virtually since our founding.
At Brave Asset Management, we adhere to the following set of core principles that drives our activities.
- To build relationships with our clients based on trust and mutual respect
- To operate at all times with their best interests in mind
- To be disciplined investors who seek to put our knowledge and experience to work to help our clients reach their investment goals
- To draw on those same skills in an effort to protect and grow their retirement savings
- To serve our clients in ways that go beyond investing and to make contributions to their lives that go beyond the strictly financial
People often ask us what our name means. They wonder if “Brave” is meant to reflect our high-conviction investing style? Or if it speaks to the mindset of a couple of financial professionals who decided after successful Wall Street careers to move into the personal investment advisory business? Both are interesting and plausible, but neither is correct.
Brave is merely an abbreviation of Brett and Dave.